About Runjhun’s EBook: This book is a Sufi celebration — a celebration of love, humanity and values that seem to be losing their sheen.Simple, relatable and everyday life lessons are woven around equally simple and easy to use Urdu words that can easily become a part of the reader’s day to day lingo. And since Urdu is a language of the poets and a home for some of the finest poetry/couplets (ghazal, nazm, shayari and so on), these pieces are riddled with my most favorite pieces of Urdu poetry or shayaris, many of which formed the background score of my childhood that echoed with my mother’s favorite Jagjit Singh’s ghazals.
It is not everyday that you get an opportunity to showcase your writing on a platform that is working hard to give you the reach that all writers secretly desire. So thank you Blogchatter for that and may the force be with you as you continue waving that magic wand.
Since thinking and overthinking is a side product of being a writer, I have been reflecting what this experience has taught me (and since I love bullet points, I am going to present my scattered thoughts into a comprehensible list):
- I have definitely become less afraid to publish that post on my blog. Now my writing is ‘out there’ and even though I don’t have a huge audience (yet), it is still there for posterity and that does not scare me.
- This exercise has given me a teeny-tiny taste of what it means to be an ‘Author’ and that has shattered my proverbial rose glasses. I still have them mind you, but the rosiness is tinted with a healthy dose of pessimism and a respect for the craft.
- I am slowly coming to realize I can be a writer.
- I now know that I have no idea what my ‘unique voice’ is. I don’t know if I bring heart, soul, toes, feet, muscles, etc. into my writing. I don’t know if my writing ‘connects with the audience in unique and moving ways.’
- I hate marketing. Always have. Always will.
My entry into the Blogchatter eBook Carnival is simply called ‘Mayank.’ It is the story of a man who is going through a mid-life crisis. Read to find out how he battles his inner demons, as he tries to understand why the sea makes him feel empty.
My eBook can be downloaded for FREE here: Mayank – Suchita Agarwal
About Geethica’s Ebook: The whole book will be filled with dense fall of motivation. Come along and understand the different emotions and flavors of relationships in life.